Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hie Ho; Hie Ho; It's Off to Work We Go

Hello all - today was another day at work - but our work week is half over (Goodness, I love to say that!) It was an interesting day - met quite a few interesting people - one couple was from Holland! It just amazes me how these people find this little cabin in the middle of the woods in Northeastern Idaho. We started really slow this morning - we were probably open an hour before the first people came but then we were slammed until after 1pm. Dan didn't even get a chance to eat anything until after 1 - I eat after he does. Things slowed down about 3:30 then just as we were getting ready to close up at 4 we got slammed again. At one point today Dan counted 11 little boys (ages 3 to around 9) running around and people dodging them - It was really sorta funny. We'll have to wait and see what tomorrow will bring.

I came home tonight and fixed dinner - homemade chicken burritos with all the trimmings - we had purchased a cooked chicken at Albertson's last week and I took all the meat off the bone and fixed the burritos - I saved some of the chicken and made a small amount of chicken salad for our lunch tomorrow since we are out of lunch meat. I sure am enjoying the convection oven - while it isn't any faster in cooking time you don't have to preheat the oven and it sure doesn't heat up the trailer.

Dan and I keep talking about what we will do next summer - I am pretty sure we want to come back out west, but maybe a little further to the west - Oregon or Washington state (maybe even Northern California). We are looking at maybe hosting in a campground next summer instead of doing something like the cabin - not that we don't enjoy the cabin, but Dan likes to be outside. He knows that hosting in a campground will mean we are more tied down then we are doing this, but he can be outside doing stuff instead of inside. We'll just have to wait and see what develops. We know that we will have to stay on the east coast until the end of April. My mother's 80th birthday is at the end of the month and we will do a big party for her - so that means we really can't come out west until after that. We aren't sure how that might effect our hosting abilities; but places here in Idaho don't open until the first of June due to the snow, sooo hopefully that is true further to the northwest. I guess that will all work itself out. (It's just that I am a planner and I like to know what we are going to do - Dan says I need to relax - yeah, right!)

Here is the link to the pictures I took yesterday. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...