Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July

Hello all - Sorry I did not post last night - Dan and I bought a frozen pizza and I fixed it in the convection oven (I'm beginning to like that thing) and then we watched a movie ("Night at the Museum"). By the time the movie was over we decided it was time for bed. We did have to work today - and will work tomorrow also.

Boy, was today busy!!! We probably had over 300 people come through the cabin today - at times there were so many people inside they all couldn't get up the stairs to see the bedrooms and had to wait in line. I was really pooped when we got home - BUT I fixed dinner (ham steak, macaroni and cheese, and green beans) then cleaned up the kitchen. I figured I needed to let you know that the last couple of days have been sorta quiet. We knew we would be really busy at the cabin today and probably tomorrow morning - then things should slow down as people have to pack up and get ready to go back home after the holiday weekend.

As of right now we don't have any definite plans for next week - I'm sure we will go back over to Yellowstone and explore a little more and I will need to do laundry again at some point. Dan is also talking about going down to Rexburg (about 60 miles away) to the nearest Wal Mart. We'll see how that goes.

I don't imagine we will stay up and go see any fireworks tonight - they are suppose to shoot some off at the lake at 10 pm - that's a little late for us since we need to get up and get ready for work - I think that our bodies are still on eastern daylight time - we are going to bed around 9:30 - 10 and getting up at 6:30 (that would be 11:30 - midnight and up at 8:30 if we were still in Florida). In one way, I want to stay on eastern time - but I don't know how long we will be able to - I mean we will be here for two and a half months.

Well, I just seem to be rambling on about a lot of nothing - so I will sign off for today - Dan, Sam, Jessie, and I wish everyone the happiest of 4th's - stay safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...