Saturday, June 27, 2009

First day at the "office"



This is where Dan and I "work" two days a week - Saturday and Sunday- from 10am to 4pm. Today was interesting - as our first day on the job we really had no idea what to expect. Boy oh boy! I can not believe how many people came through the cabin today - I mean we were busy from 9:40 when we got to the cabin this morning until we left at 4 this afternoon. I almost feel like I used to when school would start in August - just worn out from being on your feet all day and talking all day. WOW!

We met some interesting people though - one gentleman's grandfather was a friend of Johnny Sack and another lady's grandfather owned the lodge that used to be located across the river from the cabin - (the lodge burned in 1982 and was never replaced). I won't give you the talk but let's just say the Johnny was as unique a person as his cabin is. I will try and take some pictures of the inside tomorrow, if I can find a time when we don't have people in the cabin!

I'm trying to bake some potatoes for dinner while Dan is fixing the meat on the grill - I still need to fix the salad and set the table - BUT before I sign off for today just wanted to let you know that when we got up this morning at 6:30 the temperature was a crisp 32 degrees!!!!!! Yikes, that's cold no matter who you are - it did warm up to about 72 and on our way home is was just 68. Oh well - it's a tough life, but someone has to do it - I'm just glad it's Dan and I!!!

I hope you have a great Sunday and I'm still working with Picasa - I'll get it figured out someday! Love to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...